Tuesday, February 19, 2013

TV Tuesday

I watch more TV than anyone I know. I love TV. It's my relaxation. It's my escape. Although I love TV I rarely just sit and watch. I'm always doing something else. I read magazines, browse Pinterest, work on Poppy and Pippa...write blog posts.

I have so many "favorites" that I thought I'd share them with you every Tuesday. I'd love to hear what your favorite episode, memory, or quote is from the shows!

Today I'm going to start off with an oldie but a goodie!


90210 - the original - Brenda, Kelly, Dylan, Brandon, David, Steve, and Donna.
This show took me out of the midwest and into sunshine and wealth. It was never boring. Someone was always getting pregnant, stoned, overdosing, committing adultery, getting drunk, stealing, driving drunk, etc. There was always a lesson to be learned. Don't drink too much before Prom because you'll make a fool of yourself in front of Mrs. Teasly!

I was a dedicated watcher. If I knew I wasn't going to be home you can bet my VCR was set to tape the show for me. When it came to the SHOW FINALE - Donna and David's Wedding - I was in college and completely forgot to put a new VHS tape in the VCR and the tape ran out! I didn't get to see the very end of that last episode. I felt like I missed my best friend's wedding. Needless to say, I saw it a couple of months later on reruns.

When the DVDs were released I was excited to revisit this gem of a show. Wow. That's all I can say. That show was horrible. I like to think of it the way I watched it the first time with fresh eyes. It was a show ahead of it's time. Unfortunately, when you watch a show from the 1990's in 2010 it kinda sucks.

Just one more thing...

I read a funny blog post the other day  - check it out! Everything I need to teach my children I learned from Beverly Hills, 90210.

Did you watch?



previous next

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...