Hi! I'm Laura and I am looking forward to sharing my crazy beautiful journey through the everyday with you. I started a blog on a whim which is strange because I plan EVERYTHING. You may be thinking with a name like My Green Pen it must be about "being green." Nope, I like to think I'm environmentally conscious but, let's face it, I use a plastic bag once - I don't rinse it out to use again and again. The name came from my favorite color which is green and the fact that you write with a... pen! Yup, a lot of thought went into that one. Like I said, I started this without and forethought into what having a blog would mean. Let's get to what it IS about...
On My Green Pen I will share my imperfections, some of my favorite things, the people I love, and a whole lot of miscellaneous. I hope you pull up a chair, grab some snacks, and stay awhile.
I'm not a writer. I can't spell and I like to add punctuation...everywhere. *hehe*
a little about me:
- I am thirty something
- Married to Bill - who is amazing, creative, patient, kind, silly...
- My husband and I don't have any children. You can read about it here
- I have a cat who is spoiled like an only child
- I live in Fargo, ND - it's NOTHING like the movie
- I am the director of an Early Learning Center/Preschool/Child Care Center
- I haveone sibling - a sister - Sara
- I love ULTA - it's my happy place - yet it looks like I don't wear any make-up at all
- I love reading but HATE trying to find the next book
- I have a shop on Etsy called Poppy and Pippa that started as a hobby and turned into a business
- I love sleep. I love going to bed early and waking up early...or late whichever. I would rather sleep than stay out late. Which is the opposite of my husband.
- I really like watching TV and I'm not afraid to admit it. Although, I have a hard time sitting down to watch a show. I need to be multi-tasking.
- I always have my nails painted
- I love love dessert and would rather start a meal with that to ensure I've left enough room for the good stuff - my favorite (at the moment) is cheesecake of any kind with any topping.
So, there you have it. A sneak peek into who I am in just a few hundred words.