Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My Story...From the Beginning.

Today I start my "Blogging Everyday in May" streak with Jenni from Story of My Life.

Jenni has come up with a "topic" for each day in May to help with writer's block. I thought it would be fun to participate because I have never ever blogged every day in an entire month.

Day one: Life story in less than 250 words, or in my case a "little" over 250 words.

I was born in November in 1976. Baby photos back then were not fancy. Apparently, they didn't let my mom fix my hair - unless she liked the mohawk look.
It was just me for about 2 1/2 years. Then my sister came along.
We were very close growing up...and still are! That's us with our matching hair cuts and our cat Fluffy.
I thought of myself as quite a fashionista. Not sure what I was thinking with this outfit. Yes, I'm wearing driving moccasins and biker shorts. And, yes, that's a real seagull.
I've never been super coordinated so, it's a wonder how I participated in cheerleading, figure skating, and synchronized swimming.
This was my first car. When I was 16. I called it the Blue Goose. I had a couple of other cars before going to college. The blue goose just didn't last.
I graduated in 1995. On a 100 degree June day on a football field with no shade. It was lovely.
This is my senior photo. Kinda wondering why no one mentioned that I had ginormous eyebrows!!
I had a blast in college. I made some awesome friends and we made some great memories! Here's a photo of Jess and I in our second apartment together. Some fabulous times were had in that place!
I graduated from college in 1999 - couldn't find any pics of it. 
I met Bill a couple of months after I graduated. This pic is from one of the first times we hung out.

I started at my current job in 2000. I've made some fabulous friends there as well. A couple of them no longer work with me but, when we get together it's like no time has passed.

Bill and I got married in 2002. I did not care for any of the professional photos. So, here's one of us after the wedding dance. I had a beautiful long veil but, decided to chop it off at the dance!
We have some awesome little people in our lives! Our nephews and one niece.
Bill and I aren't having any children. We love our life especially since we adopted Whidbey! There is never a dull moment when he is around. Whether it's waking me up at 4 am like clockwork everyday or playing fetch like a dog. He's our special little dude.

So, that's the story of my life. 
Abbreviated. Very abbreviated. It's missing many many life moments. But, that's ok. It's just a short story of my life... so far.

Michelle said...

Aww I love this! So cool to see pictures of you :)

Love Meghan said...

hi! i found your blog through jenni @ story of my life. i loved reading your story, and i love that you included old photos! they're always so much fun to look back on!

previous next
There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...