Friday, September 27, 2013

Hi. I'm Kind Of A Sci-fi Nerd.

A couple of years ago I discovered that I really enjoy sci-fi TV.

Ok, let me clarify, I've never seen an episode of Star Trek and I started Dr. Who (but, can't get into it) but, give me any show with paranormal happenings and I'm a happy camper.

I adore Warehouse 13.
Can't get enough of Lost Girl.
Disappointed Alphas was cancelled.
I even got Bill to watch Continuum. 
And I recently discovered Falling Skies and can't wait for the new season!

I also can't get enough of dystopian books. Anything that doesn't have to do with the world as we know it. The last book I started was part of the Wool series. Crazy weird. The government is planning for a disaster by building silos under ground. Like I said, crazy weird. I'd love to tell you more but, that would really ruin the story. If you have an open mind you should check it out.
Some of the other dystopian book series that I've enjoyed are -
Matched  - The government makes all of your decisions including who you will marry. Crazy.
The Uglies - Basically everyone is considered ugly before they turn 16 and get a surgery to become perfect. I know, I know sounds horrible. And in a way it is. But, it's an interesting read.
Enclave - The world has been decimated. Everyone has moved underground into enclaves. Seriously like hunger games in a way but, this isn't a competition. It's survival.
Delirium - Love is a disease. It needs to be cured.
Divergent - Everyone is divided into a faction. You live with your family until 16 and then you choose a faction. I was so excited to hear they are making a movie of this series! I'll have to read it again. It's been almost 2 years since I read this one.


Although I have a new found love of sci-fi and the dystopian world. My favorite TV show of all time is still The Gilmore Girls and my favorite books of all time are the Harry Potter series and Ken Folletts' The Pillars of the Earth and The World Without End.  None of them have anything to do with a dystopian world... so, Harry Potter is a little sci-fi but, who doesn't love a sweet wizard boy?

So, there you go. Now you know just a little bit more about me.
previous next

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...