Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'd Like to Introduce You to...

Lauren Oliver books.

I just happened to be finishing up with a book when I stumbled upon someone's blog (I'm sorry I forgot who's blog it was) about favorite books. I love hearing what other people are reading because although I'm an avid reader I never know what to read next. One of the books was called Delirium by Lauren Oliver and I bought it for my Kindle right then and there. I had no idea what it was about. I didn't even know it was considered to be a young adult novel. (Who cares?! I loved Harry Potter and the Hunger Games). This  was book one in a three-part series and lucky enough for me the second book came out last week! I already finished it! It is the story of Lena, a girl fighting with the thought of having to be "cured" of the disease they call Love. This is not a love story. This is a story of perseverance. Check out this trailer for the first book.

YouTube - www.laurenoliverbooks.com/delirium

This book is interesting because, we are surrounded by love and all types of passionate feelings all day every day. In the time of these books - those feelings would sentence you to severe consequences. I Loved the first book and was so excited to start the second book, Pandemonium - (SPOILERS in this link).

This series takes place into the future during a time when they consider Love and strong feelings to be a disease.  I would love (haha) to go into the two books more but, I really think you should check them out for yourself. The third book is called Requiem and comes out Spring 2013.
Jessica @ Lovely Little Things said...

I'll have to add this to my list of books to read!

xo

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

Sounds good to me!

previous next
There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...