Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Diary of a Former Skinny Girl

Have you read "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" books? I swear I own these pants! Over the past couple of years I've gained a bit of weight yet, many of my pants still fit. They are a bit tighter but, they still fit. Strange. With the lifestyle change Bill and I are making with food I hope they get to be too big for me.

One thing we started to do again is to keep track of our weight. To do this we broke out the dusty old Wii Fit. We actually had quite a bit of fun with it this weekend - not the weighing part - but playing balance games.

I was laughing pretty hard when Bill decided to try juggling while balancing on a ball - he has some major circus moves! Check out the fabulous shoes too!

We even added Whidbey. Here's our pudgy Wii Fit family photo - I guess Bill was chatting with the cat.

As of today I've been on this new life plan for one week. I haven't cheated once - except for the delicious brownie that Jess brought me on Saturday (it was 100% homemade - so no processed yuckiness).

Yesterday was the first day I was actually hungry. I was craving something but couldn't put my finger on it. So I ate some cheese, a cutie (little orange), and 1 cup of popcorn. It did the job. But, it sure wasn't a chocolate shake and fries!

My goal for this week is to make up "snack packs" to take to work with me so that I'm prepared when hunger strikes. I'll let you know what I decide to include.

For now,
Enjoy your day!


Liz said...

Good for you Laura! One week is a BIG deal! I am on day 2 of my new eating habits..I was starving when I work up this morning but after some oatmeal I was good to go!
Maybe you should be giving us shopping advice? OR perhaps after your shed you will be selling those fantastic pants?
HAve a great day!
-Liz

previous next

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...