Thursday, June 20, 2013

Zip It!

For years I've wanted to learn how to sew a zipper.

Yes, years.

I have no idea what was stopping me in learning about sewing zippers. I mean, I taught myself to knit. Sewing a zipper can't be that much more complicated. But, nonetheless, I didn't do anything about it.

This post is not a tutorial - there are enough zipper tutorials out there - just go to Pinterest. This post is about finally learning how to do something that I should have learned a long time ago.

About two months ago I signed up to finally learn how to sew a zipper. And you know what? It wasn't difficult at all and it's so satisfying! Except for the seam ripping because my machine skipped a stitch, or even tossing a project because it just didn't work out.

I'm so excited about using my new skill to create all of the new little zipper pouches in my shop. I only have 14 listed right now but, I have plans for lots more! In fact, I have 5 more started in my office right now.

This is my current favorite! It's big enough for a bunch of make-up or even as a catch-all in your purse.
buy it here.

What do you want to learn how to do?
previous next

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...