Thursday, June 20, 2013

Zip It!

For years I've wanted to learn how to sew a zipper.

Yes, years.

I have no idea what was stopping me in learning about sewing zippers. I mean, I taught myself to knit. Sewing a zipper can't be that much more complicated. But, nonetheless, I didn't do anything about it.

This post is not a tutorial - there are enough zipper tutorials out there - just go to Pinterest. This post is about finally learning how to do something that I should have learned a long time ago.

About two months ago I signed up to finally learn how to sew a zipper. And you know what? It wasn't difficult at all and it's so satisfying! Except for the seam ripping because my machine skipped a stitch, or even tossing a project because it just didn't work out.

I'm so excited about using my new skill to create all of the new little zipper pouches in my shop. I only have 14 listed right now but, I have plans for lots more! In fact, I have 5 more started in my office right now.

This is my current favorite! It's big enough for a bunch of make-up or even as a catch-all in your purse.
buy it here.

What do you want to learn how to do?
previous next
There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...