You will need the following:
A can of Black Beans
A can of diced tomatoes
We don't add the tomatoes. If you do you add them at the same time as the beans and corn.
A 15 oz. Can of Enchilada Sauce
(they were out of the 15 oz. so we got two smaller cans)
A can of Mexi-Corn
3 Teaspoons Cumin
Shredded Cheese - We like the three-cheese blend
1. Remove the meat from the chicken then shred - you need 2 cups but, I use the entire chicken.
2. Drain and rinse the black beans - add to shredded chicken
3. Drain corn - add to beans and chicken
4. Add 3/4 Cup of the enchilada sauce and 2 teaspoons Cumin to the corn, beans, and shredded chicken
5. Stir ingredients and add a little hot sauce for some added spice
6. Scoop a bit of the mixture onto a tortilla, sprinkle cheese and then roll it up.
7. Grease a 9 X 13 pan. Place a single layer of enchiladas on the bottom.
8. Pour remaining enchilada sauce into a small bowl, add remaining teaspoon of Cumin and stir. Then pour over the entire pan.
9. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. As you can see from mine - Bill has less cheese than me.
10. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 375. Let it sit for a bit before serving. Add sour cream, black olives, green onions and shredded lettuce as you wish.
E N J O Y!