Thursday, March 28, 2013

Swim

For about the last 5 years I have this reoccurring dream. It's never exactly the same but it always has the same premise.

A cruise ship (that I wasn't on) is stranded out at sea. They recruit me to swim out to the ship, tie a rope around my waist, and swim the boat to shore.

I've never made it to shore. 

I always wake up or can't remember what happens next.
Obviously, that isn't me because that isn't a cruise ship. :)
(Image via google images)

I looked it up the other day because I was curious about the meaning of this peculiar reoccurring dream.

It's impossible to look up the exact dream - one interpretation is:
To dream that you are swimming towards the shoreline, signifies an increase in your financial standing. In general, dreams of swimming indicate an exploration of your unconscious mind and emotions. It is a common dream image for people going through therapy. 

Well, I can tell you my financial standing has not changed in years and I'm not in therapy.

I looked at several interpretations of swimming and others with boats. They all have something to do with emotions. Well, gee, thanks Internet for NO information on what it means to pull a stranded boat to shore. You'd think in this day and age of technology a person could find out what her dream means.

Do you have reoccurring dreams?
What do they mean?





previous next

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...